Florence is a dangerous Category 4 storm with life-threatening storm surge, destructive winds and massive rainfall amounts that may end up being one of the strongest strikes on the East Coast.
Ensure you and your family are prepared now with these tips. Download them here for easy access.
Stay ahead of the storm
Stay ahead of news on rainfall, storm surge, and projected hurricane path on the National Hurricane Center’s webpage: https://www.nhc.noaa.gov/#Florence.
Items to collect before the storm hits
- Additional Water – 3 Gallons Per Person for 3 days
- Prescription Medications and Glasses
- Infant Formula and Diapers
- Pet Food and Extra Water for Your Pet (See our Kits for Dogs and Cats)
- Important Documents (Copies of insurance policies, bank records, etc.)
- First-Aid Book
- Fire Extinguisher
- Change of Clothing
- Local Maps
- Mobile Phone and Charger
- Personal Hygiene Items
- Paper and Pencil
- Flashlights and extra batteries
These are the most critical items to have on hand NOW
No one knows how the storm will impact communications and transportation networks. It’s critical to ensure that you and your family have access to these emergency supplies now to be prepared to survive on your own if necessary.
- Nonperishable food to include formula and powdered milk
- Paper products
- Personal hygiene items
- Tarps and or possibly tents
- Flash lights and extra batteries
After the storm
Collecting these items now will help you in any rebuilding efforts.
- Chain saws
- Work gloves
- List of local contractors for repairs